Our sharpening and clipper service is back!
We have been sharpening blades and scissors and servicing dog grooming clippers for over 20 years, and now our service is back with an optimised process and new automated machinery that removes human error, guaranteeing great results every time.
Our lapping machine only takes off the amount of metal required to give a good edge and is set and calibrated every day to ensure a consistent result.
Services we offer:
- Blade sharpening
- Scissor sharpening
- Clipper servicing
- Clipper repair
- Clipper cable replacement
- Mutneys blaster/dryer servicing
It’s so simple to get your equipment back in tip top condition. You can pay for your sharpening, servicing and delivery online and we’ll give you a call if they require any extra parts.
How it works…
- Select the service you require
- Pay through our secure website
- Securely package up your blades, scissors or clippers and post them to us at:
(we always recommend using a tracked postal service to send your equipment to us)Mutneys Ltd – Sharpening Dept
Unit D11 Rosehill Industrial Estate
Rose Hill Road
- Please ensure that you include your name, address and order number if payment has been made online or you can download our Mutneys Sharpening Form.
- Once your equipment is ready to be returned, we will securely package everything up ready to go back to you
- If there are any extra parts required, we will contact you to inform you and arrange payment
- All blades, scissors, clipper and blasters will be returned to you via a tracked and insured service
We know that your equipment is vital to your business – it’s the tools of your trade! That’s why we have developed a unique sharpening and servicing process, to ensure your equipment can work as hard as you do.
How Mutneys look after your blades…
Once your blades arrive with us, we follow this 19-point process to sharpening, condition and care for your blades.
- Visual check to ensure that your blades have arrived in good condition
- Booked in with a unique reference and placed into their own separate container, also making note of any special requests or problems
- Transferred to our in-house sharpening department
- Second visual check for damage or to see if they are worn out
- Blades are dismantled
- First clean
- Precision lapping in our state of the art automatic sharpening machine
- Second clean
- De-burred and de-greased by hand
- Third clean in a special parts bath to deep clean and disinfect
- Placed into a drying compound
- Fourth clean and second drying
- Blade spring is re-tensioned
- Socket is checked for damage and replaced/adjusted if required
- Blades are reassembled on a state of the art jig
- Tension and alignment are checked and adjusted to within manufacturers recommended tolerances
- Oiled and individually bagged
- Blade health check completed if required
- Returned to main office for processing and dispatch
How long will it take?
Our normal turnaround is 5-7 days from when your equipment arrives with us and is booked into our sharpening department.
If you need your equipment back by a specific date please call us on 01948 841470 or email us at email@example.com so that we can advise you and make any special arrangements.
All blade guides, blade sockets and scissor stops are replaced for free (if required) as part of our service
All prices include PAT testing
All new parts are chargeable; however, we will contact you if parts are required before carrying out the work.
Return postage is a flat rate of £9.95 as all equipment from our sharpening/servicing department will be sent back through a tracked and insured service.