£8.00 – £9.50 Inc. VAT
Standard Blade Sharpen – £8.00
Wide Blade Sharpen – £9.50
We know that your equipment is vital to your business – it’s the tools of your trade! That’s why we have developed a unique sharpening and servicing process, to ensure your equipment can work as hard as you do.
How it works…
We accept sharpening and servicing orders via post, collection or in person at Mutneys HQ. Regardless of which delivery method you would prefer, please include a note with your contact details or a completed sharpening form.
We accept payment either:
- Online (if any extra parts are required, we will give you a call)
- Over the phone after your equipment has been sharpened / serviced
1. Add the service(s) you require to your basket (Skip if you would prefer to pay after sending your equipment to us)
2. Pay through our secure website (Skip if you would prefer to pay after sending your equipment to us)
3. Securely package up your equipment and post it to us at:
Mutneys Ltd – Sharpening Dept
Unit D11 Rosehill Industrial Estate
Rose Hill Road
Please ensure that you include a note inside with your name, address and order number (if payment has been made online) or you can download, print and complete our sharpening form. (we always recommend using a tracked postal service to send your equipment to us)
4. Our highly qualified engineers will sharpen / service your equipment with our state-of-the-art automated machinery. If there are any extra parts required or if you prefer to pay after servicing, we will contact you to inform you and arrange payment.
5. Once your equipment is ready to be returned, we will securely package your items & ship them to you via a tracked and insured service
Our usual turnaround is 5-7 working days from when your equipment arrives to us and is booked into our Sharpening department.
Priority service is available for an additional fee of £5.00. This is not per item. Priority service is a flat rate not subject to the number of items you send to us. If you would like priority service, please call us on 01948 841470 to make a payment of £5.00 over the phone or add it to your online order here.
How Mutneys look after your blades…
Once your blades arrive to us, we follow this 19-point process to sharpen, condition and care for your blades.
- Visual check to ensure that your blades have arrived in good condition
- Booked in with a unique reference and placed into their own separate container, also making note of any special requests or problems
- Transferred to our in-house sharpening department
- Second visual check for damage or to see if they are worn out
- Blades are dismantled
- First clean
- Precision lapping in our state-of-the-art automatic sharpening machine
- Second clean
- De-burred and de-greased by hand
- Third clean in a special parts bath to deep clean and disinfect
- Placed into a drying compound
- Fourth clean and second drying
- Blade spring is re-tensioned
- Socket is checked for damage and replaced/adjusted if required
- Blades are reassembled on a state-of-the-art jig
- Tension and alignment are checked and adjusted to within manufacturers recommended tolerances
- Oiled and individually bagged
- Blade health check completed if required
- Returned to main office for processing and dispatch
All blade guides, blade sockets and scissor stops are replaced for free (if required) as part of our service.
If you have not pre-booked your sharpening online, there will be a return postage (tracked & insured) charge of £9.95.
Please note: We are not able to provide sharpening for Ceramic (please see photo above), Arco or other Trimmer blades (mini-blades, adjustable blades etc). If you are unsure about your type of blade, please contact us on 01948 841 470 and we can advise.