Caring for Cordless Clippers
October 14th, 2020 in News & Blogs
How can you get the best out of your cordless clippers?
Cordless clippers allow you to have free movement to clip without any restrictions as you are not constrained to a cord. As they are an investment for your grooming kit, we wanted to give you our top tips on how to look after your cordless clipper to make it last longer and provide the best performance.
- When you first buy your cordless clipper, put the machine on charge for a minimum of 12 hours before using them in order to ensure optimum performance and longevity
- For normal use, run your cordless clipper until the battery is flat – don’t keep putting the machine back on charge after every clip as this will damage the battery and reduce the number of charges
- Every rechargeable clipper has around 2000 charges and every time you put it on charge it uses one. Once the battery is flat, put the spare battery into the clipper and continue clipping
- Do not leave your clipper charging overnight and never over the weekend as this wastes energy and is also a fire risk
- Unlike other cordless clippers, Arco clippers do not have lithium ion batteries and therefore it is even more important to let the battery run completely flat before charging them to ensure the longest life possible for you clippers.
With over 20 years of experience in clipper sales and servicing we are always here if you need a little bit of advice on how to keep your clippers running at their best.
Shop our cordless clippers here.